These are a great idea for a quick and easy dessert when there’s nothing else to hand (they saved me last night)! Cheers to Celia for the recipe.
2 ½ cups flour
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 cups milk or buttermilk
2 eggs - beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all liquid ingredients in another bowl.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir until mixed. (If the batter looks too thick add water or milk a little at a time until you get the consistency that you want). Let rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour onto medium hot greased pan. Once bubbles cover the surface, flip the pancake, cover pan and lower heat for about 1 minute. The cover will help the pancake to rise more.
- Remove from pan and serve with butter and syrup.